When women access our shelters, they are often fleeing abusive situations where planning is a luxury they cannot afford. As a result, they often arrive at our shelters having left everything behind. We try our best to help by collecting donations from the community. If you would like to make donations, but are unsure as to what women might need, please see the list below. If you have additional questions, please click here.
Gift cards may seem impersonal, but having a choice makes a huge, positive impact on women.
Items for the shelters themselves:
- Single bed frame
- Waste baskets
- Laundry baskets
- Baking sheets, baking pans, etc.
- Pots and pans
- Tea towels and dish cloths
- Pillows (hypoallergenic)
- Large Crock-pot
- Bedside lamps
Items for the women:
- Gift cards of $25 or less for local stores and services (Walmart, hair-dresser, barber, dollar stores)
- We give the cards to women so they’re able to choose items for themselves and/or for their kids, which is the opposite of how it is in an abusive relationship.
- New slippers, socks, underwear and bras (all sizes – we also bring in teenage boys so men’s sizes are appropriate
- New Pajamas
- Emergency car kits
- Snow brushes for vehicles
- Pay as you go cards